How to create ODBC connection?
As we all know ODBC stands for “Open Database Connectivity“. We have to follow few easy steps to create ODCB connection. I will show you how to create “HP NonStop SQL/MX” Connection in this page.
- From Windows start got to control panel.
- Go to Administrative Tools Application
- Select correct ODBC Data Source (32-bit / 64-bit) as preferred
- From “Create New Data Source” window select the correct driver you need and click finish
- You will get a set up for Create New NonStop(TM) ODBC/MX
- Give a Proper Data source Name and Click Next.
- Set the Database IP and Port Details.
- Change SQL Fraction Precision value to “9”.
- Set the Catalog name and Schema name.
- SQLMX need to commit after every query run, For this change Auto commit drop down selection to ON.
- In Localization and Translate DLL leave the default values as it is.
- In Tracing Set the proper location for the Log File
- Finally Test the connection
Feel free to comment if you have any doubt or clarification
- Latest Posts